This is the main wiki page for Node development.
The oVirt Node sub-project is geared toward building a small, robust operating system image. It uses minimal resources while providing the ability to control virtual machines running upon it. A managed node can run in both standalone and mananged modes. Limited stateless support is also available, but not support by Engine at this time.
- oVirt Node is now released continously
- August 25 2013 FrOSCon 2013, St Augustin, Germany: Igor and Node (Looking at test-automation and oVirt node)
- March 21 2013 oVirt Workshop, Beijing: File:Ovirt-node.pdf
- 2012-08-28 oVirt Workshop, San Diego: File:Ovirt-node-2012-08-28.pdf
- 2012-11-07 oVirt Workshop, Barcelona, Spain: File:Ovirt-node-2012-11-07.pdf
- libvirt for virtual machine and storage management.
- collectd for gathering statistics and monitoring.
- Urwid for the TUI
There are 2 general methods for upgrading an ovirt-node installation.
1. Through oVirt Engine
Require the installation of ovirt-node-iso rpm on oVirt Engine. A node is then placed in maintenance mode, and you trigger the upgrade from the engine interface.
2. Through oVirt Node installation media (ISO, CD, USB, PXE)
This approach is done using installation media. Simply boot your host running an old version of node from new media.
Either PXE, CDROM, USB, SD card, ISO, etc. are supported. Once you boot from the media, it will bring you to a TUI screen where you choose upgrade.
That will upgrade and leave existing configuration in place.
There are some other options as well, but they're in a slightly different, but related, category.
This will wipe out any existing configuration and install from scratch This is done either by choosing the "Reinstall" option in the Boot menus (with CD/USB/SD Card) or adding "reinstall" to the kernel command line (any method).
This will wipe the ovirt-node-iso installation from the disk entirely and reboot. Again, there is a "Uninstall" option in the boot menu. You can also add "uninstall" to the kernel command line.
Pages in category "Node"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.