Open your virtual datacenter
oVirt manages virtual machines, storage and virtualized networks.
oVirt is a virtualization platform with an easy-to-use web interface
oVirt is powered by the Open Source you know - KVM on Linux.
oVirt version 3.1 was released on August 8th, 2012 and contained several groundbreaking features, including live snapshots, network adapter hot plugging, and support for accessing externally-hosted LUNS from virtual machines.
The web admin console also includes new support for manging floating virtual disks and configuring gluster storage volumes.
Packed with features
- choice of stand-alone Hypervisor or install-on-top of your existing Linux installation
- high availability
- live migration
- scheduled migration
- Web-based management interface
- iSCSI, FC, NFS, and local storage
- Enhanced security: SELinux and Mandatory Access Control for VMs and hypervisor
- Scalability: up to 64 vCPU and 2TB vRAM per guest
- Memory overcommit support (Kernel Samepage Merging)
- Developer SDK for ovirt-engine, written in Python
Community is key
oVirt, the first truly open and comprehensive data centre virtualization management initiative, provides a venue for user and developer cooperation. The heart of the project is the open source code of oVirt, and the community is governed openly, modeled after the Apache Foundation, Eclipse, LVM, and many other well functioning Linux communities.
You're encouraged to join the oVirt community, and help us bring open source software to virtual datacenters worldwide.
Date: 8-9 May 2013
Location: Shanghai, China
This workshop will be designed to encourage collaboration in our community, as well as help answer questions about the project from both a developer and user's perspective. Slides will be made available here prior to the event. We look forward to seeing you there and registration is now open!