Open your virtual datacenter
oVirt manages virtual machines, storage and virtualized networks.
oVirt is a virtualization platform with an easy-to-use web interface
oVirt is powered by the Open Source you know - KVM on Linux.
oVirt version 3.2 was released on February 14, 2013 and contained several new features, including UI Plugins, Gluster Enhancements, and Japanese Localization.
Packed with features
- choice of stand-alone Hypervisor or install-on-top of your existing Linux installation
- high availability
- live migration
- scheduled migration
- Web-based management interface
- iSCSI, FC, NFS, and local storage
- Enhanced security: SELinux and Mandatory Access Control for VMs and hypervisor
- Scalability: up to 64 vCPU and 2TB vRAM per guest
- Memory overcommit support (Kernel Samepage Merging)
- Developer SDK for ovirt-engine, written in Python
Community is key
oVirt, the first truly open and comprehensive data center virtualization management initiative, provides a venue for user and developer cooperation. The heart of the project is the open source code of oVirt, and the community is governed openly, modeled after the Apache Foundation, Eclipse, LVM, and many other well functioning Linux communities.
You're encouraged to join the oVirt community, and help us bring open source software to virtual datacenters worldwide.
Date: 29-31 May 2013
Come and watch the great lineup of presenters for LinuxCon Japan and make sure to catch multiple presentations on oVirt!