Intel Workshop May 2013 CFP
|Intel oVirt Workshop May 2013||Call For Participation|
All submissions must be received by March 29th, 2013 at 11:55pm (PST).
Ovirt strives to become the first and best truly open and comprehensive data center virtualization management suite. As the oVirt community is rapidly evolving and growing one of the ways we look to connect is through oVirt Workshops around the globe. The May 2013 oVirt workshop will be held at Intel’s Shanghai Campus. This workshop will be designed to encourage collaboration in our community, as well as help answer questions about the project from both a developer and user’s perspective. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Getting started developing oVirt
- oVirt for the systems administrator
- Where oVirt fits in the enterprise
- Gluster Integration
- leveraging oVirt for Gluster only infrastructures
- Case studies on cost savings with oVirt and Open Source data center virtualization
- Troubleshooting oVirt
- Hardware optimations for virtualization
- oVirt Plugin development
- oVirt architecture from a security and best practices point of view.
- oVirt Project Roadmaps
- Deep dives into features/areas
- Deep dives into code/debugging
Tips For Preparing a Successful Proposal
- Identify your target audience: There are going to be a diverse group in attendance, don’t be afraid to go deep in content.
- What is the level of expertise required: Is your presentation configured for for beginners, advanced users, core developers, IT professionals, CTOs?
- Keep it relevant: why would someone want to attend your presentation? Is this a critical project or are you providing insight into an existing problem and require community input?
- Watch the clock: your presentation should stick around only have 50 minutes, so make sure your proposal has a very specific scope
- Not just technical knowledge: Don’t limit your presentation to oVirt only topics. Integration is key, so feel free to submit proposals in regards to hardware or configuration options that help strengthen either the oVirt project or oVirt deployments.
- Engage! We are looking for the type of presenters who will engage people so that they close their laptops (or at least look up every once in a while) and listen.
- If you are proposing a panel discussion, please ensure that you mention all of the participants (please include company name and job title).
- For technical tutorials, please keep in mind that your material should be focused on giving attendees the ability to walk away with skills and/or knowledge that they can use immediately.
50-minute presentations and/or 2-hour tutorials
- Choose a submission type (Presentation, Panel, Tutorial)
- Choose the category for your proposal (Developer, Operations, Business/Legal, Other)
- Select a specific topic that best describes the topic of your proposal (See “Suggested Topics” list)
- Provide a 150 word biography including your speaking experience
- Prepare a 150 word abstract that briefly summarizes your proposal. It should be split into two paragraphs:
- A brief summary of your presentation, including key highlights
- Who is your audience, what can they expect, your speaking experience and why your presentation is important to the Linux ecosystem and this event.
- List any technical requirements that you have for your presentation (i.e. internet connectivity, whiteboard, etc.)
- Slide Due Date: We would appreciate it if you could please submit your slides (in .PDF format only) by April 22, 2013.
- If you require a letter of invitation to visit Shanghai for the oVirt Workshop please contact Theron Conrey asap.
Please contact Theron Conrey with any questions.
- March 1, 2013: Call For Participation Open
- March 29, 2013: Call For Participation Close
- April 8, 2013: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notifications
- April 22, 2013: Slides Due
- May 8-9, 2013: oVirt Workshop, Shanghai, China 2013
The following hotels have been recommended for attendees of the oVirt Workshop. Please note: Shuttle service will be provided to the Workshop from these hotels in the morning and returning to the hotels in the evening. Once registered in one of the listed hotels please let us know! We’ll plan for the appropriate number of shuttles based on this information.
Renaissance Yangtze Hotel : http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/shabr-renaissance-shanghai-yangtze-hotel/ Holiday Inn Express : http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/shanghai/shgmh/hoteldetail
Registration is now live! Visit http://ovirtshanghai2013.eventbrite.com to register.