Workshop Nov 2011 - travel
This page is for travellers to help each other.
This content is a stub of ideas - fill in the below, add sections, help create this.
The workshop will be at Cisco Building O which is at the following address:
[https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=10+West+Tasman+Drive,+milpitas,+ca&aq=t&sll=36.970856,-122.020993&sspn=0.008315,0.016437&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=10+W+Tasman+Dr,+San+Jose,+California+95134&t=h&z=16 10 East Tasman Drive, San Jose, CA]
See the campus map here: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac156/downloads/sjcCampus1108.pdf
The location description is here: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac156/sanjose.html
We have reserved a block of rooms for this event.
To ensure guaranteed room availability, you must book by Monday 17 October.
Booking details for the Crowne Plaza:
- Use https://resweb.passkey.com/go/Redhat2011 to book your room online, or
- Call 1-888-233-9527 with the group name “Red Hat oVirt Kickoff Workshop” - you must use that telephone number when booking, not the main hotel numbers.
777 BELLEW DRIVE MILPITAS , CALIFORNIA 95035 United States Hotel Front Desk: 001-408-321-9500 Hotel Fax: 001-408-321-9599
Directions from Crowne Plaza to Building O: http://g.co/maps/83vqw
There is a Mariott Courtyard 9 miles from the Crowne Plaza that has a AAA rate of $142 a night and the Internet is free. The standard rate is around $149/night.
Courtyard Fremont Silicon Valley 47000 Lakeview Boulevard Fremont, CA 94538 1 510-656-1800
Directions from Mariott Courtyard Fremont to Building O: http://g.co/maps/6e2n3
There is a Hilton that is a few minutes up the light rail from the Cisco campus:
Hilton Santa Clara 4949 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California, USA 95054 Tel: 1+(408) 330-0001 Fax: 1+(408) 562-6736
The Cisco campus is on the Silicon Valley light rail system. This is a convenient way to get from the Crowne Plaza to Cisco Building 0.
From Crowne Plaza to Building O:
- Walk to the Light Rail (I-880/Milpitas) - about 10 minutes.
- Take Light Rail to First Street and Tasman.
- Walk across the First Street to Building 0.
One way ticket is about $2.00. The trains runs about every 15 minutes.
The Crowne Plaza runs a hotel shuttle only for SJC. How to use:
- After you have your baggage all in hand, call 001-408-321-9500.
- Talk to the front desk, tell them you are a guest, and need a pick-up. You’ll need to know the terminal you are in.
- The hotel will dispatch a driver with an estimated time of arrival (ETA.)
Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Distance: 4.7 MI/7.56 KM NORTH EAST to Hotel
- Complimentary Shuttle Available
- Taxi Charge (one way): $ 25.00 USD
- Time by Taxi: 15 minutes
- CA-87 N towards US-101/Skyport Dr
- Exit #9A/N. 1st St to Guadalupe Pkwy
- Continue on Charcot Ave
- LEFT on N. 1st St -RIGHT on E. Trimble Rd
- LEFT on Zanker Rd
- Take ramp onto CA-237 E
- Exit McCarthy Blvd, turn RIGHT
- LEFT on Bellew Dr.; hotel on the LEFT
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Distance: 45.0 MI/72.42 KM SOUTH EAST to Hotel
- Taxi Charge (one way): $ 120.00 USD
- Time by Taxi: 45 minutes
- Public transit charge: $ 16.75 USD
- Use this [https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=SFO&daddr=777+Bellew+Drive,+milpitas&hl=en&geocode=Fdj9PQIdAZW0-CGPprokJLPSNw%3BFSUFOwIdlai7-Ckr4SZOIcmPgDHd0kfouLKYmQ&aq=&sll=37.495025,-122.165895&sspn=0.549142,0.986023&vpsrc=6&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=10%2F31%2F11&time=7:00pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&ll=37.627284,-122.102051&spn=1.096339,1.972046&t=h&z=9&start=0 Google Maps] transit link, then customize.
- Time by public transit: 3 hours
- Airport shuttle: $ 105.00 USD for solo; $ 45.00 USD for first, $15.00 USD for second and following passengers
- HWY 101 South
- Exit 237 East
- Follow 237 Easy until you reach McCarthy Blvd exit.
- Make right onto McCarthy and left on Bellew Drive.
- WiFi (fill-in if you know)
- Pre-paid SIM
- Buy a SIM from T-mobile for $7 and pay $3/day: http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-by-the-day-cell-phone-plans
Contacts / Emergency phone numbers
Other things to do
If you have extra time, here are a few interesting things within the area:
Category:Workshop November 2011