Reporting a Bug in oVirt
For reporting bugs, the oVirt project uses the Bugzilla bugtracker and testing tool.
For reporting security issues please follow the security reporting procedure.
How to create a Bugzilla account
If you don’t have a Redhat Bugzilla account, you can easily create one by following these steps:
- Visit the Create a new account page on Bugzilla.
- Enter a a valid email address and click Send.
- You’ll receive a verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the link in the email (or copy it into your web browser).
- Now enter your name and password and click Create.
Congratulations! You now have a Bugzilla account and you can report bugs found in oVirt.
How to enter a bug in Bugzilla
Here is how to report a bug found in oVirt:
- From Redhat Bugzilla - Main Page, click the New link.
- On the ‘pick a classification’ page, select oVirt.
- Now choose a product on which to enter a bug. e.g., for issues with the management application, select ‘ovirt-engine’.
- On the next page, under Show Advanced Fields, choose a Component. Unsure? Simply enter your best guess.
- In the Version box, enter the project version.
- Select the oVirt Team. If you are unsure, follow the suggestion from step 4.
- In the Summary field, enter a short description of the problem. e.g., “Cannot connect to virtual machines using Console.”
- In the Description field, we recommend that you follow the provided template.
All other fields can be left at their default value.
- Finally, click the Submit Bug button, and you’re done!
Thank you for submitting a bug. A developer will review your submission, and if more information is needed, we’ll send you an email to the email address you provided.