Most of them are outdated, but provide historical design context.
They are not user documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
A complete re-write of the vdsm-bootstrap.
- Name: Alon Bar-Lev (Alonbl)
- Last updated date: 2012-11-28
Current bootstrap implementaiton is mainly legacy code. Too much bootstrap sequences and low control over the process.
Benefit to oVirt
- Lower cost of maintenance.
- Lower cost of support.
- vdsm-bootstrap as standalone package.
- Two sequences
- ovirt-node upgrade
- ovirt-node registration has no ovirt logic, just “I’m here” notification.
- Establish a bidirectional channel between back-end and host, no iterative commands nor file transfers.
- Manual invocation support.
- Better timeout management.
- Better logging.
- Use of yum API.
- Shorter bootstrap time.
Dependencies / Related Features
Documentation / External references
bug#866889 bug#861575 bug#861576
Ovirt Host Deploy Presentation
Author: –Alon Bar-Lev (Alonbl) 02:23, 1 July 2014 (GMT)