Most of them are outdated , but provide historical design context.
They are not user documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
oVirt Windows Guest Tools ISO
This feature will add an ISO image with required drivers and agents for Windows based VMs.
- Name: lveyde (lveyde)
- Email: email@example.com
- Link to feature page in a specific release. That release may complete the feature, or parts of it. The complete scope of this feature in this release will be described in the release feature page
- Last updated on – 2017-12-22
The oVirt Guest Tool ISO provides a collection of tools usable for Windows VMs that run under KVM (oVirt). It also includes an installer to make the tools installation as easy as possible.
The oVirt Guest Tools Installer installs all VirtIO-Win device drivers (Balloon, Serial, Net, Block and SCSI) along with Spice Agent and QXL drivers.
|OS||VirtIO-Win drivers||oVirt Agent||Spice Agent||Installer||QXL|
QXL support is also declared on Download page and should be kept in sync with above matrix.
The installer is based on the Spice installer's source code (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/spice-nsis/) , and was slightly modifed for this project's needs.
Important Note! Bug 1528652 Currently you can't directly upgrade between the versions without either first stopping the services or performing an uninstall.
The current list of the software to be included in the ISO:
- VirtIO-Win drivers:
- VirtIO-SCSI From:
Spice drivers and agent
Important Note! It seems that Spice installer (current is spice-guest-tools-0.132.exe ) installs not just Spice related components (QXL and Agent), but all VirtIO-Win drivers as well.
- Spice QXL for 32 and 64 bit Windows
- Qemu Guest Agent
- oVirt Guest Agent (Currently it is cross-compiled using Wine)
Benefit to oVirt
The ISO image will become a central repository for all the software that Windows based VMs require in order to function in most optimal way under oVirt / KVM.
Dependencies / Related Features
The oVirt Guest Tools relies on the following dependencies:
- Spice Agents for 32 and 64 bit Windows: https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/vdagent/vdagent-win-0.9.0/
- VirtIO-Win drivers: http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/
- Spice drivers and agent From: http://www.spice-space.org/download/binaries/spice-guest-tools/
- Spice QXL for 32 and 64 bit Windows: https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/qxl/qxl-0.1-24/
- oVirt Guest Agent: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-guest-agent
Documentation / External references
Install oVirt Release RPM enabling oVirt repositories if you have not done so yet:
yum install <http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release42.rpm>
Install oVirt Guest Tools package
yum install ovirt-guest-tools-iso
Optional: The above will install the ISO in
/usr/share/ovirt-guest-tools-iso/. Copy it to wherever you need it…
The ISO images are also available for download at http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.2/iso/oVirt-toolsSetup/