Most of them are outdated , but provide historical design context.
They are not user documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
Required networks are a part of monitoring process the engine does, to make sure all the host in clusters are eligible for migration (cluster is sometimes referred to as the migration-domain) A cluster network which is required but missing from a host will cause the host to be in non-operational state, thus it can not be activated till it has the network attached.
- Till now, all networks were required , now its optional.
- Name: Roy Golan
- Email: rgolan at redhat.com
- Last updated date: April 10 2012
- implementation: done
Refer to Required_Networks_detailed
Benefit to oVirt
- coming gluster-cluster support which is a cluster that doesn't have migration prospects.
- pinned to host VMs that uses networks we don't want other hosts to implement needlessly.
- 3rd parties doing network management outside of ovirt.
when attaching a network to a cluster, add a boolean required property to it