Most of them areoutdated, but provide historical design context.
They arenotuser documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
Performance And Scalability
The goal of this page is to detail the performance optimizing and scalability improvement work done by the oVirt team, and to direct development resources to the most urgent tasks.
- 1 server, 5 VMs. Idle.
- 1 server, 5 VMs. 5 users logged in admin console.
- 50 servers, 200 VMs (using FakeVDSM). Idle.
- 50 servers, 200 VMs (using FakeVDSM). LDAP connectivity. 50 users logged in user console.
Implement ResultSet caching based on SimpleJdbcTemplate. See http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/14188/ Change for information on implementation.
- Batch updates
Enable the option of sending multiple insert/update stored procedure calls as a single batch. See http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/15039/ Change for information on implementation.
- Multi dimensional arrays
Using multiple dimensional arrays as stored procedure parameters to replace the use of fnspliter
- Transaction boundaries
Improve transaction boundaries, so transactions will decrease in duration and make better use of JavaEE transactions.
- Improve serialization performance
- Use HTTP 1.1 compression and keep-alive with VDSM XML-RPC
General Code Improvement
- Cache GUID creation
- Merge NGUID/GUID/UUID