Most of them are outdated, but provide historical design context.
They are not user documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
- Allow S3 and S4 power management options to be controlled per VM in addition to current suspend function
- Support this feature in webadmin, power user portal, REST API and CLI
- Still keep the current suspend type as default. Later the suspend type can be set automatically based on guest OS type (not all guest may support S3/S4)
- Name: Frantisek Kobzik (FKobzik)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PM Requirements : Andrew Cathrow (ACathrow)
- Email: email@example.com
Roles that can manipulate the suspend options for following entities:
- VM, Template, VM Pool
- SuperUser, PowerUser, ClusterAdmin, DataCenterAdmin.
- ad 1,
- UserVmManager, VmCreator.
- ad 1,
- TemplateAdmin, TemplateCreator, TemplateOwner.
- VM Pool
- ad 1,
Webadmin/Power User Portal
- New/edit VM dialog
- New/edit VM pool dialog
- Edit template dialog
- New subtab in affected dialogs with suspend options represented by three radio buttons (S3, S4, or standard “old” suspend)
- Admin/power user is able to change suspend function behavior for given VM/pool/template by selecting one of the radio buttons
- Default value should be still standard suspend.
- The suspend function (e.g.triggered by “pause button”) will perform chosen type of suspend
Need new element suspend_type of following resources:
- Virtual machine
the support for hibernation has been already added, see http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/1121/