Most of them areoutdated, but provide historical design context.
They arenotuser documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
- Support pass through of Smartcard attached to client to a virtual machine
- Allow the VM owner or administrator to specify if a virtual machine should support smartcard
- Allow the VM user (on portal) to be able to disable this setting.
- Support configuring this option via web admin, Power user portal, REST API and CLI
- Name: Tomas Jelinek (TJelinek)
- Email: email@example.com
- PM Requirements : Andrew Cathrow (ACathrow)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pending review: finished
Should be supported on ActiveX and Linux/XPI client
- on client
- spice-xpi-2.7-20 or higher
- console type spice
- does not work with spice-activex-win browser plugin
- on guest
- coolkey-1.1.0-20.el6 or higher
- esc-1.1.0-24.el6_2.2 or higher
Webadmin/Power User Portal
- new/edit VM dialog
- new/edit Pool dialog
- edit template dialog contains in console
- console options in (Power) User Portal
- VM details part in User Portal
- on new/edit dialogs in console side tab a new checkbox with label “Smartcard enabled” has been added.
- on console options dialog a new checkbox “Disable smartcard” has been added
- a visual indication that the smartcard will be enabled has been added
- The “Smartcard enabled” checkbox is enabled only for the Spice client, it is visible but disabled for VNC.
- if the checkbox is checked and the user starts a VM, engine sends the smartcardEnable as true to the VDSM (please refer to the VDSM part of this document for it’s meaning)
- if the checkbox is checked (e.g. smartcard is enabled) and the user clicks the console button (e.g. connects to guest), the application sets the Smartcard property on the spice-xpi plugin to true which has the same effect than calling the spicec –smartcard
- Should also be supported for ActiveX
- In “Console options” dialog within the user portal the end user has the option to override this setting and not pass the enable smart card option to the spice client
- If the smartcard option is enabled for the virtual machine then a “Disable smartcard” option is presented in the console options
- If the smartcard option is not enabled for the virtual machine then “Disable smartcard” checkbox does NOT appear in the console options
- Note the user is only able to disable this option.
- The user portal provides a visual indication that the smart card will be enabled (in the User Portal the Vm details part contains “Spice with Smartcard” instead of Spice in the Console line)
- the display now contains a new optional property smartcard_enabled.
- if not set, the default value is false
example of creating a VM with smartcard enabled:
vm2 Virtual Machine 2 desktop 536870912 Default Blank <boot dev="hd"/> true
When VDSM receives a device named smartcard it adds to the libvirt configuration to the devices part the following:
<smartcard mode=”passthrough” type=”spicevmc”/>