Installing Metrics Store for oVirt
A comprehensive guide to installing and configuring Metrics Store for oVirt. Metrics Store collects logs and metrics for oVirt 4.2 and later.
Chapter 1. Metrics Store installation overview
The Metrics Store installation involves the following key steps:
- Creating the Metrics Store virtual machines
- Deploying OpenShift and Metrics Store services on the virtual machines
- Deploying Collectd and Rsyslog on the hosts
- Verifying the Metrics Store installation
Metrics Store architecture and workflow
The Metrics Store architecture is based on the OpenShift EFK logging stack, running on OpenShift Container Platform 3.11.
The workflow involves the following steps and services, running on the hosts or the Metrics Store virtual machines:
- Collectd (hosts) collects metrics from hosts, virtual machines, and databases in the oVirt environment.
- Rsyslog (hosts version 4.3 and above) gathers the metrics and log data, enriches the data with metadata, and sends the enriched data to Elasticsearch.
- Fluentd (hosts version 4.2) gathers the metrics and log data, enriches the data with metadata, and sends the enriched data to Elasticsearch.
- Elasticsearch (Metrics Store virtual machine) stores and indexes the data.
- Kibana (Metrics Store virtual machine) provides dashboards, charts, and data analysis.
Next: Chapter 2. Installing Metrics Store
Adapted from RHV 4.3 documentation - CC-BY-SA