Installing oVirt Node
oVirt Node is a minimal operating system based on CentOS that is designed to provide a simple method for setting up a physical machine to act as a hypervisor in an oVirt environment. The minimal operating system contains only the packages required for the machine to act as a hypervisor, and features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host and performing administrative tasks. See http://cockpit-project.org/running.html for the minimum browser requirements.
See Chapter 6: oVirt Nodes in the Installation Guide for installation instructions.
Also see Chapter 5: Introduction to Hosts and Chapter 7: Enterprise Linux Hosts
Installing oVirt Node on a physical machine involves three key steps:
Download the oVirt Node Installation ISO below (probably oVirt Node 4.3 - Stable Release - Installation ISO)
Write the oVirt Node Installation ISO disk image to a USB, CD, or DVD, preferably using
Boot your physical machine from that media and install the oVirt Node minimal operating system.
oVirt Node 4.3 - Stable Release
This is the oVirt Node 4.3 image including the latest oVirt 4.3 packages. This is the latest stable release.
oVirt Node Master - Latest master, experimental
This is the oVirt Node image build based on oVirt packages from the master branches.
- oVirt Node master experimental ISO (based on el7)
- Jenkins job (el7): http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-node-ng-image_master_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/
- Jenkins job (fc28): http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-node-ng-image_master_build-artifacts-fc28-x86_64
oVirt Node 4.2
This is the oVirt Node 4.2 image including the latest oVirt 4.2 packages.
oVirt Node 4.1
This is the oVirt Node 4.1 image including the latest oVirt 4.1 packages.
oVirt Node 4
This is the oVirt Node 4 image, including the latest oVirt 4 packages.
oVirt Node 3
- oVirt Node 3 Next (Tech-Preview, downwards compatible within oVirt 3, recommended)
- This is the oVirt Node Next image, with the newly designed oVirt Node, but using the stable oVirt 3 packages.
- Installation ISO