oVirt guest agent automatic login windows
Automatic login on Windows
The automatic login on Windows is based on two components:
- The ovirt-guest-agent which handles the user’s credentials and workflow.
- A component that interacts with the Winlogon system:
Both above component are included in the ovirt-guest-agent git repo
- The Windows component creates a named pipe and waits for an incoming connection.
- The RHEV-Agnet receives the user’s credentials from the VDSM through the virtio-serial device.
- The agent sends the user’s credentials through the named pipe.
- Using the user’s credentials received from the named pipe, a login is performed on the user’s behalf.