An overview how the single sign on process works on Microsoft Windows® systems
- VDSM sends a ‘login’ message to the oVirt Guest Agent
- In case the “SAS” library is installed, the service will simulate a “Secure attention sequence” by issuing a SendSAS(0) call on the SAS library
- The service then will send the credentials to a named Pipe (“\\\\.\\pipe\\VDSMPipe”) via the CallNamedPipe system call
- The plugin either GINA on Windows XP® or the Credentials Provider on Windows 7® will issue the login process with the credentials received.
- If the login credentials are valid, the user is authenticated and the Desktop session started