Most of them areoutdated, but provide historical design context.
They arenotuser documentation and should not be treated as such.
Documentation is available here.
Node RPM Persistence After Upgrades
Currently oVirt Node NG does not complain if it is getting installed in an environment where i.e. the storage layout is wrong (i.e. a thin pool is missing)
- Name: Douglas Schilling Landgraf
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status: Design
- Last updated date: 07th Nov 2016
Benefit to oVirt
Avoid fatal errors without any message during installation
The imgbased component must check if it’s available thin pool in the partitions before the installation and /var must be a separate volume. Suggestion: Add a high-level error class something like DescriptiveError Important: Find good error messages
- Check if / is thin volume
- Check if FS is ext4 or xfs in / and /var
- Improve error in utils.py
- /boot is at least 1GB
- /boot is a separate partition
- /var is a separate partition