oVirt is a collection of projects which work together to provide a complete data center virtualization solution.
- oVirt Engine allows you to configure your network, storage, nodes and images. oVirt Engine also provides a command line interface tool (ovirt-engine-cli) and a RESTful API (ovirt-engine-api), including a Python wrapper (ovirt-engine-python-sdk) which allow developers to integrate management functionality into shell scripts of third party applications.
- The Virtual Desktop and Server Management daemon runs on oVirt managed nodes, and allows oVirt to remotely deploy, start, stop and monitor virtual machines running on the node.
- oVirt Node is just enough operating system to run virtual machines. It is also possible to convert a standard Linux distribution into a node which can be managed by ovirt-engine by installing VDSM and other dependencies.
- dwh and reports
- The reports and data warehouse components for ovirt-engine are optional, and are packaged and developed separately.
More information on oVirt subprojects
- Install nightly snapshot
- Building oVirt engine
- Testing ovirt-engine patches with Lago
- Building oVirt Node
- Building VDSM
- Contributing to the Node project
- Submitting a patch with Gerrit
- The development process
- Release management
- Getting in contact with the oVirt community
- Becoming a maintainer
- oVirt architecture
- Building a custom user portal
- Building oVirt engine DWH